After some exciting matches, I took the time to select my team of the week. In this post I announce my 2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 30. See which eleven players I’ve selected and for what reason.
2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 30
- Petr Cech (Arsenal): Had some good saves before stopped Deeney’s penalty to keep his 200th clean-sheet. Very good performance this time!
- Ashley Young (Manchester United): He used all of his winger pedigree to stifle one of the best players in the division. Salah did not get a sniff.
- Leighton Baines (Everton): Marked his return with a truly delightful assist that showed all his football intelligence and assurance, patiently waiting before picking out Tosun.
- Jamaal Lascalles (Newcastle United): Never looked flustered. Surely worth an England call-up Mr Southgate?
- Jonathan Hogg (Huddersfield Town): The best ball-playing match I can remember from the midfielder, who did his limited defensive duties well too.
- Riyad Mahrez (Leicester City): A performance of consummate skill and elegance. Came off the wing time and again to deliver beautiful passes of all kinds, and when he had to stay on the right, he played the cross-field ball instead.
- David Silva (Manchester City): Won the match for his team with two good goals against Stoke City. Brought his team another step closer to the title.
- Willian (Chelsea): Had a wonderful game which he topped off with a crucial goal for the blues.
- Heung-Min Son (Tottenham Hotspur): Stepped up when Harry Kane left the pitch with an injury. Scored two very important goals in his team victory over Bournemouth.
- Kenedy (Newcastle United): Two early goals led his team past Southampton for three important points.
- Marcus Rashford (Manchester United): The youngster decided the match of the week on his own. Scored two great goals in the match against Liverpool, the goals that led to a 2-1 victory.
This is Attacking Midfielder’s 2017-2018 team of the week 30. Do you agree on this team or are you missing some players? Let me know in the comments below.