2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 29
- Loris Karius (Liverpool): Credits where credits are due. I’ve been very critical about both Liverpool goalkeepers, but Karius had a good match with a fantastic save to keep a clean-sheet. That was an important save for me, since I’ve paid 4 points at FPL to bring Robertson in my team.
- Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur): Defensively sound, and could have got on the scoresheet, but his header was ruled out correctly.
- James Tarkowski (Burnley): Has been out for a while due to an injury and was really missed by his team.
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace): Played just his second professional game but never looked out of place throughout. Promising introduction to the senior squad.
- Pascal Gross (Brighton & Hove Albion): Had a terrific game, involved in both goals and was denied brilliantly by Cech.
- Alexandre Oxlade-Chamberlain (Liverpool): The ex-Arsenal man looks revitalised and again impressed in a dual role at the heart of midfield and out towards the right. His run and pass teed up Salah for the opener.
- Heung-Min Son (Tottenham Hotspur): The Korean player scored two great goals, leading his team to a 2-0 victory over Huddersfield Town.
- Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur): Eriksen had a lot of joy going forward, testing his fellow countryman Lossl in the Huddersfield goal on numerous occasions. A good game for the midfielder.
- Ashley Barnes (Burnley): Scored the equaliser that brought his team back on the road to the three points they eventually took.
- Bernardo Silva (Manchester City): Work rate was phenomenal and he made up for his first half miscue with a neat finish to a bouncing ball and some ultra-sharp approach work
- Andre Ayew (Swansea City): Played like a man possessed on his second full debut for the Swans. Clearly had a point to prove against his former club and was a constant pest and nuisance.
In conclusion I can say I’ve seen some really strong performances this weekend. What do you think of our 2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 29?