Another Premier League weekend has finished. This weekend started with the North-London derby and finished yesterday with the match between Chelsea and West Bromwich Albion. In this post I give you the eleven players that impressed me the most in this weekend. Read my 2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 27 and find out which eleven players I’ve selected.
2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 27
- Martin Dubravka (Newcastle United): Made his debut for the Magpies with a clean-sheet against Manchester United. Are they building a statue yet?
- Ben Davies (Tottenham Hotspur): The left wingback played defensively strong and gave the assist on the only goal of the match. Really strong performance in the North-London Derby.
- Pablo Zabaleta (West Ham United): Started off well dealing with the tricky Richarlison and had the Brazilian in his back pocket pretty much all game. Put his body on the line time after time, pressed high up the pitch, was generally very, very good.
- Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur): Another very good performance, completely bossed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
- Florian Lejeune (Newcastle United): Made a brilliant block to deny Sanchez and played a part in Ritchie goal
- Moussa Dembele (Tottenham Hotspur): The Belgium midfielder has so much composure on the ball it’s almost unreal. One of the best players on the pitch in the derby.
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea): He is really precarious, but was fantastic in this match against West Bromwich Albion.
- Ki Sung-Yueng (Swansea City): Scored a very tidy finish and one of Swansea’s most important goals all season. Enjoyed plenty of the ball throughout the game and was in plenty of the Swansea action. His impressive form under Carvalhal continues.
- Sergio Aguero (Manchester City): Scored four goals against Leicester City, so totally deserved his spot in this team of the week.
- Kevin de Bruyne (Tottenham Hotspur): This Belgium genius took his team by the hand and led them to a strong victory over Leicester City. Assisted the first three goals for his team.
- Glen Murray (Brighton and Hove Albion):
In conclusion I can say I’ve seen some really strong performances this weekend. What do you think of our 2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 27?