We just finished watching a midweek Premier League round. Today was one of two days break between two rounds. Therefore I use this day to post my 2017-18 Premier League team of the week.
2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 25
- Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur): Kept a clean-sheet versus Manchester United thanks to some very good saves.
- Mike van der Hoorn (Swansea City): I know this guy from his time at my club Ajax, but he never really succeed there. I always quite liked his style and wanted to get him in the previous team of the week. I thought it was just because of his Ajax past, but he was really solid again versus Arsenal.
- Dejan Lovren (Liverpool): Imposing first half, took fight to rivals and made difference
- Nathan Ake (Bournemouth): Helped keeping a clean-sheet and scored a goal in a 0-3 against his former team.
- Moussa Dembele (Tottenham Hotspur): Bossed midfield, had a super game as he stopped United.
- Fernandinho (Manchester City): Always in the shadow of the big stars, but he is an absolute beast of player.
- Dan Gosling (Bournemouth): Helped form an effective barrier in the middle of the park.
- Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City): And again we’ve seen a brilliant performance by Kevin de Bruyne. Really is the best player in the league in my opinion.
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur): Didn’t score, but he was an absolute nightmare for Man United’s centre backs.
- Christian Eriksen (Tottenham Hotspur): Opened the match with a goal after just eleven seconds. Outstanding match by the Danish giant.
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City): Was a real threat with his pace against the WBA defence. Big part in the 2-0 by assisting De Bruyne.
In conclusion I can say I’ve seen some really strong performances this weekend. What do you think of our 2017-2018 Premier League team of the week 25?